Welcome to Global Member Care Network
The Global Member Care Network connects you with resources, updates, links and people working in the realm of member care around the world.
In order to facilitate better interaction and community,
we moved our Blog to Facebook groups
Please check: https://www.facebook.com/groups/globalmembercare/
Our monthly newsletter will continue to be send out without change.
Stay connected by subscribing to the GMCN newsletter https://app.mailerlite.com/webforms/landing/k8h5i8.
Any questions, don't hesitate to contact us at office(at)globalmembercare.com
Member Care is a relatively new discipline which trains and equips workers to prepare better for cross-cultural life and ministry and to cope with adjustment pre-, during and post- assignment. Until now, specialists in the discipline have not had the opportunity to train and research these issues intensively.
Taught by experts in the field, Redcliffe’s new MA in Member Care recognises the need to have a Biblical basis underpinning practice, as well as understanding cross-cultural perspectives and their effect on individuals and groups. Challenges such as crisis response and trauma debriefing will be addressed, and there is the opportunity to focus on a specific context or Member Care issue through an optional module.
The MA will be available in flexible learning mode from May 2011, subject to validation by the University of Gloucestershire. Course structure: You will complete three compulsory modules* and a fourth optional module. Your dissertation will be focused on an issue relevant to member care. For more information, please download the module information opposite.
* Method and content in missiological study*
* The mission worker as a person: Building life-skills and interpersonal skills*
* The member care worker: Equipping self and others*
* The Mission of the Church in the Context of Postcolonialism and Globalisation
* Prosperity Theology and Suffering: Perspectives and Problems
* Crucial Issues in European Christian Mission and Theology
* An Introduction to Global Leadership
* Crucial Issues in Asian Mission and Theology