Welcome to Global Member Care Network
The Global Member Care Network connects you with resources, updates, links and people working in the realm of member care around the world.
In order to facilitate better interaction and community,
we moved our Blog to Facebook groups
Please check: https://www.facebook.com/groups/globalmembercare/
Our monthly newsletter will continue to be send out without change.
Stay connected by subscribing to the GMCN newsletter https://app.mailerlite.com/webforms/landing/k8h5i8.
Any questions, don't hesitate to contact us at office(at)globalmembercare.com
MIST = Missions Interlink Short term training - for those going on individual, short-term, cross-cultural placements from 2-24 months.
Mar 19-21: Woodville Gardens Uniting Church, South Australia
Apr 23-26: Victoria – Wycliffe HQs, Kangaroo Ground.
Apr 29-May 2: NSW
Sept 9-12: NSW
Oct 14-17: Victoria – Wycliffe HQs, Kangaroo Ground.
MIST is a *3-4 day weekend **course *designed to provide an environment in which participants are stimulated to think and learn more ... learn more about the challenges of living and working as a short-termer in a cross-cultural setting. This course is facilitated by experienced mission workers drawn from a variety of organisations and situations. It is held on a regular basis in Victoria, South Australia, NSW and Queensland with the possibility of other courses if requested.
*MIST covers topics such as:*
* Culture stress / shock
* Cross-cultural communication
* Knowing and sharing your faith
* Health & Practicalities
* Spiritual Warfare
* Keeping Fresh Spiritually
* Language Learning
* Good Development
* Bible Studies
* Interviews with previous MIST participants (back from the field)
* “Being” in another culture
*The benefits of MIST are:*
* Sharing with a like-minded group who have a commitment to mission & international service.
* A training program facilitated by experienced mission workers drawn from a variety of
organisations and situations.
* Community living enabling peer support, interaction and learning.
* Opportunity for organisation specific orientation.
* Interactive, experiential learning environment.